12/13/09

i wanna die with my hat on.



I was just thinking that I can take it as well as I can dish it out so why not make a little fun of myself. To make a short story longer, I got to give a little back ground so here goes:

I wear a cap 90% of the time. Hard hat at work, baseball cap at home. If I'm not wearing a hat, I consider that to dressed up.

I work long hours, usually 13 (plus a little) hours a day. I got a 1 hour and 15 minute round trip commute to work. My shift rotates between days and nights every week.

Enough background, as you can imagine, at times I have to hurry home to bath, eat, see the wife and get in bed so I can get some sleep, especially after 3 or 4 days/nights, I'm ready to get some sleep. One day I came in and started rushing through my routine of running bath water, eating and then getting in the tub, all the time thinking "Man, I'm gonna do some good sleeping this morning." Well, I went to get in the tub and thought "The light in here doesn't look right." Oh well, must be a bulb out, that'll be something to do on my next day off. I slid on down in the tub, still thinking about getting some sleep as I leaned back with my eyes closed, reminding myself not to fall asleep in the tub again. I shook my head a little to wake myself up and opened my eyes, wait, the light still don't look right, what's the deal?

It was then that I realized, there I sat, naked, in the bath tub with my hat on (looking like a real goofas). Boy, I'm glad my wife aint home yet. If you can laugh at youself, that should give you the right to laugh at everybody else.

No comments: