12/9/09

k cars


I was just thinking about a guy I work with. We'll call him Karl, change the name a little bit, you know, I wouldn't want to make anybody mad.

Karl is from the country, way back in the country (when I say way back, I mean way back). First time I met Karl, he had just gotten off the night shift and had his car pulled up to the maintenance shop here at work and was putting air in one of his tires. I walked by and spoke to him as I passed, nice enough guy, grinned real big as he said hello. I went on about my business but after a minute I realized something wasn't right about what I had just seen. I turned around and went back, he was still working on the tire. I stared a minute then I just had to ask, "Karl, how come you got those big mud grips on your front wheels?" He said without checking up from what he was doing, "It's front wheel drive, where else you gonna put'em." Well, nothing else I could say, he was right and I was a dumb ass. I walked on off and back to what I was doing but will not forget that car with the big mud grips on the front. I won't ask a dumb question like that again.

No comments: