12/19/09

the pope to save the day!


I was just thinking about a headline I saw in the paper today. It said: "Pope calls for action on climate change". I thought, "Now we're getting somewhere!" Somebody finally called the man with the right connections to get something done about this climate change crap. The Pope should have the inside track to "the Dude" that can put a stop to climate change once and for all. It's only been going on for millions (maybe billions) of years, be about time to get it taken care of. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure our emissions and stuff may have caused it to speed up but it's still going to happen. The weather man said that next year there'd be more hurricanes (see "let's all go ahead and freak out now"), same dude could look at what's happened in the past and say we're over due for a warming spell. If you can tell from the chart below (borrowed from http://www.scotese.com/climate.htm), we're on borrowed time anyway as far as global warming goes.   
I'll just look on the bright side, if the polar ice caps melt, I'll be living that much closer to the beach.

No comments: