12/10/09

let's all go ahead and freak out now


I was just thinking about another news headline I saw today. I don't remember exactly how it went but something like "Next hurricane season to be more severe than 2009". I thought later "What the hell?", we only had like 3 named storms this year didn't we? I looked it up and yep, 3 of them. Mildest season since 1944 according to some web sites. Looks like to me the odds would be that next year would be worse, ya think? The yearly average is like 6 or something, that means that we could have 4 next year and it would be more severe but still way off the norm, right? They didn't say the we'd have 10 catagory 5 storms next year, just that it would be more severe. All they're doing is freaking everyone out so that a month before hurricane season begins, the oil companies can jack up gas prices for no reason. Like I've said before, everybody just chill the hell out!

I think I'm gonna apply for a metrological job, I can do as good as them. Let's see, Mississippi average rainfall is about 53 inches annually, so far this year we've had around 170 inches. I predict that we end the year with more than average rainfall. Oh yea, let me go out on a limb here, I bet we have less railfall next year than we had this year. I can also stick my head out the door and tell if it's raining or not, so I'm gunning for Dick Rice's (local WTVA weather dumbass) job now. For his sake, I hope Wal-Mart is looking for a door-greeter.

No comments: