12/4/09

road rage part 1


I was just thinking, well actually it was the other day, that I should do a blog on road rage but I couldn't decide what to put in and what to leave out. I decided to do it in parts so I could spend as much time as I needed to get my point across without the blog being 8 pages long. My view on road rage is "get rid of the problem". If you have a weed growing in your garden, you don't pull up all the vegetable plants, you pull up the weed by the roots and throw it to the side to die in the sun. If you have a cold, you don't cut off your nose, you take something to help get rid of the virus. Similarly, it's not the people who have road rage that are the problem, it's the people that cause the road rage that should be left by the side of the road to die. Let's start with one of the simplest things and you decide who has the problem.


STOP SIGNS     Very simple right, you stop, check that the coast is clear, then head on down the road. Only thing to worry about is if it's a 3 or 4 way stop, first one there goes first or if you got there at the same time, the person to the right goes. Nothing to it, how could you screw this up?

Well, here's how. For starters, the sign says stop and nothing else. Some folks think this means stop and sit for 30 or 40 seconds, then go. NO, just stop, check and go. That's it, do it and go already. It also doesn't mean to stop, then pull out real slow until your all the way out in the intersection, then go. Stop, then go the hell on, does the sign need more words, no, you just need to get the hell outta my way.

How about the guy that is entering the road you're on from a side road. He's miles down the road from you, pulls up to the stop sign, stops, waits until your too close, then pulls out in front of you. If you were gonna pull out in front of me anyway, why'd you bother to stop in the first place. Go on and get outta my way. To top that off, instead of going on, he does a blazing 35 freaking miles per hour. Again, if you were not in a hurry, why the hell are you pulling out in my way?

Here's a good one, you pull up to a 4 way stop, 3 other people stop at about the same time, it's a busy intersection. The guy to your left was clearly there first but for some reason, he's not going. You look over at him, with a clearly pissed off look on your face and guess what? This fool is grinning like an idiot and signaling for you to take his turn (he's such a nice dumb ass). This is when I want to pull the 45 out from under the seat and blow his brains out (but I don't have one). Don't sit over there and try to give me your turn, I want my turn but I can't take it until you get the hell outta my way. If it's your turn, take it and go, don't fart around, go. I aint got time for you to be nice, it'd be nice if you'd get outta  my way.

One along those same lines is the people at the intersection that don't have a clue who's turn it is. If we sit there for more than a couple of seconds, to hell with it, it's my turn and I'm going, you shoulda kept up with whose turn it was, I aint here to make sure you get your turn, your grown, act like it and get outta my way.

What about the dude (could be female, I aint no male chauvinist) in front of you that pulls up to the stop sign, with a clear view in all directions and just sits there, looking one direction then the other? What are you doing? Neck exersizes, you got a twitch, if you weren't going anywhere, what the hell did you get in the car for? Get the hell outta my way!

One more thing that goes along with stop signs is yield signs. Some people confuse yield with stop. If it says YIELD, don't freaking stop if nothing is coming, go on. I mean please, you look like a real dumb ass sitting stopped at a yield sign with some one behind you and nothing coming down the road, go on before I run your ass over.

That's enough for now, my blood pressure is up already just thinking about these dummies. As you can see, I don't have a problem with road rage, it's all these stupid people doing stupid things. All they gotta do is get the hell outta the way and every one would get where they were going alot sooner. "Are you stupid?" should be a question on the driver's test.

No comments: