3/5/10

wal-mart do-over

If you aint figured it out yet, Wal-Mart is "remodeling" their stores. They call it a remodel but looks to me like a mess. I think they're doing like 1800 stores.

A Wal-Mart spokes person said "the remodel strategy is aimed at getting customers to shop in other areas of the store they may have previously ignored". I hate to tell them but I ignored those areas cause I didn't need anything from them. Yea, if they move it all around, I'll be shopping in other areas because I can't find shit! About the time you get the lay-out figured out, they move it around so you got to hunt what you want. I guess they figure that I'll see something that I didn't know I needed and buy it. Here's a thought; I already know what I need, make it easy for me to find. That would improve my shopping experience.

I got an idea how Wal-Mart could improve. They should develope an app for your cell phone, call it "Shopping at Wal-Mart". You'd open the application, look at a list of items, check the ones you want. Then schedule at time for pick-up, drive by one of those things that you swipe your debit card in, drive past a window where they'd throw all the crap in the back of your truck. Done and done, you're headed back home or somewhere besides wandering around in WallyWorld looking for your stuff.

Think about how much time you could save. It's a win-win idea, Wal-Mart could save money too. No shop lifting. They wouldn't need the old grumpy fart at the door or the rude woman at the check-out. I figure they could just toss your stuff in the bed of the truck, couldn't do any more damage to them then she does slamming them down in the bag.

The slogan is "Save Money. Live Better." I like Jeff Dunham's better "Get your shit and git out!"

No comments: