3/14/10

that little hangy-down thing

I was just thinking about when my neice was little. She's married and 20 something now, holy crap, I'm getting old. When she was 4 or 5, I would pester her by telling her that she was a boy. I don't guess I did any permanent damage, she ended up mostly normal.

One day I decided to go a little further with it. I called her a boy and told her to hurry up getting ready, we were going somewhere. She said her usual "I'm not a little boy!" This time I asked her "How do you know you're not a little boy?" I figured a get a "just because" or "daddy says" or maybe something cute. She held her hand up with her index finger bent over and pointing at the floor. Then she wiggled her index finger and said "cause I don't have one of those little hangy-down things!"

I never did call her a little boy again. I don't have kids so that's one conversation that I aint got to have.

No comments: