11/17/09

lactose tolerant


I was just thinking about milk. Who was the first person to say "I'm gonna catch that cow over there, squeeze that thing hanging down and what ever comes out, I'm gonna drink it." It had to have been on a dare, if it hadn't been done before, how thirsty you gotta be to come up with that? Maybe it was a goat, smaller and easier to catch but you ever smell a goat?

How about Honey? "Hey Bubba, you know them bugs that sting the hell out of you? I'll give you a dollar if you eat that sticky stuff they puke up." And I guess Bubba says "OK, got a bisquit?"

What about Sorghum/Molasses? Bubba liked the honey, didn't want to get stung so he says "If we cook this tall grass all day, I bet it would be good."

Here's one, snails (escargot). I've eaten them before, pretty good but I couldn't imagine being the first. How hungry was that guy?

How bout raw oysters? I think Bubba and Earl were out looking for pearls one day and Earl said "Hey Bubba, you ate them snails the other day, why not try one of these?" Bubba says "OK, got any crackers?"

I could see eating some squid if you were stuck on a boat for months, I could see that happening. I've said before, if I was on "Survivor", I'd be the first on to try a rat or a bug. If I got that hungry, I'd try lots of stuff.

Then there's the chicken egg. It came out of a chicken's ass (need I say more). While we're on chickens, how about rooster fries, you rather have what came out of her ass or his nuts? Don't mean to ruin eggs for nobody, just wondering. I bet after the first egg was eaten, it took a while for "sunny side up" to catch on.

I'll eat potted meat but don't want no turnip greens. Aint no telling what I ate in that potted meat but you can have my greens.


Just wondering about milk. Wish somebody had written that story down. Maybe they did, or this could be the second story about the dude that wanted a glass of milk but didn't know the difference in a cow and a bull.

No comments: