4/20/10

redneck beer review # 5

I won't take the credit for going out and trying this beer on my own. I was asked to pick up some of this beer while I was on the coast. Here in north Mississippi there are just so many new things to try. I picked up a case and figured I could drink one just cause I was nice enough to get it and haul it all the way back home.

As with my last beer review, I was on the coast so I figured it couldn't be to bad, even if it was the same beer that Pres. Obama likes.
Obama Settles bet with Beer
Anyhow, I was suprised, this is pretty good beer. For some reason, I thought it would be kinda strong. Other than just a little wang on the first swallow, it was not strong at all, that's coming from someone that drinks Busch Light all the time. Next time I think I'll try the regular instead of the light but I won't be ordering it in a bar. How the hell do you say it? It would just sound like I was ordering a Ling-ling.

What I liked about it: cold, crisp, light beer. Not too strong, you could drink several of them. Oldest brewery in the U.S. I never heard of it (north Mississippi remember) but that's what the web site says. http://www.yuengling.com/history.htm

What I didn't like: Some politician is the reason I heard of it before. More expensive than my regular beer. It's made in Pennsylvania, I'm from the south, can't help it.

REDNECK RANK: A couple of good cold beers while waiting on the grill to get hot. Good beer.

No comments: