4/9/10

dodge's store

I was just thinking that I'd share my thoughts on Dodge's Stores with everyone. The last time I stopped at a Dodge's Store was when gas was 4 dollars a gallon, yea, it's been a while but when I hold a grudge, I hang on to it for a while.

I stopped to fill up my diesel truck, 35 gallon tank and it was empty. Let's see, that'd be just south of $150. Dodge's should be glad to see me coming right? I use a debit card at the pump, how could this get any better for them, my gas is paid for and the goofy dude behind the cash register dosen't have to figure out my change. Swipe the card, fill up and get the hell outta there, sounds good to me.

Well you know they can't make it that simple. For some stupid reason, the pump cuts off at 75 bucks and says "thank you, would you like a receipt?" No, I want the rest of my fuel! What's the problem? After standing in front of the pump for too long, I decide to go into the store and tell the clerk to cut the pump back on and ask him why the hell it went off. I finally get to the counter and ask the guy why the pump stopped. He tells me that 75 dollars is the limit, if I want more gas, all I have to do is swipe my card again and start over. I don't want to start over, I want my fuel, that's wasting my time. Why should I have to start over? He said the limit was to prevent "card theft" and was "company policy".

Sorry but I think that's horse crap! I suspect that they make more money from 2 smaller card transactions than 1 large one. I aint sure about that but it's a good enough reason for me not to go back to Dodge's Store. Hell, there's a gas station on every corner anyway. As far as Dodge's Chicken goes, I'll stick with KFC.

No comments: