1/5/10

circuit city


You ever wonder why Circuit City went under? I got an idea. It was because they sucked. I mean really sucked. As far as knowing anything about customers, they don't (didn't, I should say) know squat.

I was in a Circuit City about a year or more before they announced that they were going out of business, looking for some computer software. I found it without anyone harassing me, all I needed to do was pay for it and head home.

Should be a simple thing, somebody is always worring the crap outta ya in there, all they got to do is take my money, damn software even has a price tag on it, no problems right. Not a chance. There's a big row of cash registers near the door but as I got closer I saw no one at any of them, figured as soon as I stood at one a minute, some one would offer to take my money.

I stood at the register for what seemed like a long time, looking all around the store, waving the box over my head, nobody noticed. I didn't even see anyone that worked in the store, minutes before they were everywhere. I happened to glance toward the door and noticed the detectors on each side of the door, you know, about 4 feet tall, white and same as they have at Wal-Mart. They detect the embedded RFID anti-theft chip that's in most high-dollar stuff and sound the alarm if you try go through them with a chip that has not been deactivated. I figured if I stuck the software in the detectors, the alarm would sound and some one would come and take my money so I could freaking leave. I walked over to the door and stuck it up to the detector, a siren went off (very loud) and a light started flashing. Kinda freaked me out to start with, I thought "Holy crap, might'a called the cops automatically!" I thought I had started more than I meant too.

I quickly pulled the box back away from the detector and the alarm stopped. Cool, now some one will be here any minute, I can check-out and go home. Hell, the manager will probably come up here and when he does, I tell them that I'll go to Best Buy next time, maybe I'll even get a discount. I stood there but nobody came running, nobody said stop, the girl at the service desk at the very back of the store (I could barely see her now) didn't even look up. What else could I do? I made the alarm go off again and again and again and again.

Nobody ever came to see why the alarm was going off, no one ever came to the register. You want to know why they went out of business? Because they suck, they didn't know anything about customer service and evidently you could steal anything you wanted out of the store. They got what suits'em.

No comments: