10/31/10

what happens if.....

What happens if you drop your brand stinking new Android based, touch screen phone down a set of metal stairs onto a concrete floor?
Not pretty, huh?
I never had cell phone insurance, the 10 years I've had a cell phone, I never needed it. I figured at $4.99 a month, it was a load of crap anyhow. The day after I dropped my phone, I got a call from AT&T saying that my 30 day trial period was about to run out on my new phone and that I should sign up if I wanted to keep the insurance. I thought "Cool, I'll get these guys." I figured a $50 deductable and I'd get it fixed.

The deductable for a touch-screen phone is $125, it only cost about $75 parts and labor to fix the phone.
So yes, cell phone insurance is a load of crap, it's just a way for the cell phone company to get a little more money outta you.

No comments: