10/21/10

screws.....

I was just thinking, why do I have skint knuckles right now??? If I wasn't trying to remove a stupid slotted screw, I wouldn't. Why is there a flat-head screw even in this thing I'm working on. It was just built last year.
Phillips head screws were invented sometime before 1940 by a fairly cool dude named Henry Phillips. As far as I'm concerned, he's a genius, should'a died a multi-millionaire. It works about a thousand times better than a flat-head screw so why do we still have flat heads around. Let's see, by about 1950, everybody should have heard about a phillips screw, by 1960 everybody should have a phillips screw driver, give it about 20 years to do away with all the slotted screws and that's 1980. So why am I still farting around with ragged ass flat head screws?

Everybody get with the program, if it's new and improved, GO WITH IT! We don't need the old crap and the new crap. Better is better, move on to 1990. You don't have to throw away you're old screw driver, it's still good for opening paint cans and using as a chisel, just when you need a screw, get a phillips. Go ahead, change the world for the better....

No comments: